|What’s in a Privacy Notice?
- www.comparethemanandvan.co.uk is a site operated by Shift Group Ltd. Shift Group Limited (“Shift, “we” “us”) takes the privacy rights of all individuals who use our website very seriously. In this Privacy Notice we explain who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about individuals and how you (the reader) can exercise your privacy rights.
- This Privacy Notice applies to any individual who visits our website at www.comparethemanandvan.co.uk ("Website"), [uses our App (available from the App Store or Google Play)] or who otherwise gives us information either voluntarily or automatically when they interact with us online or otherwise.
- You should read this this Privacy Notice to the end so that you know what we do and what your rights are.
|What does Shift do?
- We are Shift Group Limited registered in England and Wales under company number 08890359 and have our registered offices at 86-90 Paul Street, London, England, EC2A 4NE with Vat no GB [**] (“Shift”, “we”, “our” or “us”.)
- We provide an online booking platform to individuals (“you” or “your”) to obtain quotes from our pre-selected community of ‘man and van’ drivers (each a “Driver”) offering logistical services so you can select the date, time and price best suited for your needs and we provide the technical support to connect you with a Driver.
|What information does Shift collect when I visit your Website?
- If you are visiting our website, then we generally collect the following information automatically. We also collect this information if you use the website to book a Driver.
- Whenever you visit our website information about your device, location, IP address and browser can all be collected by us. Depending on the device you are using and how it is set up we may collect information such as:
- IP address;
- Device type (OS, model and manufacturer)
- unique device identification number
- Your browser
- Where you are located (e.g. country or city-level location)
- other technical information supplied by your ISP or device.
- We may also collect information about the pages you visited on our website and how long you spent there as well as which and which links you clicked on. We do this so we can understand how people use our website and what we can do to improve the experience for users.
- Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking software. You can read more about that in our Cookie Notice
- If you decide to contact us by email, then we will collect the information you give us in your email. This will usually be similar to the information we collect when you use our website to book a Driver.
|What personal information does Shift collect when you engage our services.
- If you decide to book a Driver through our website will collect the personal information that you give us voluntarily through our Website. This will usually be through you completing an online booking or sending us an email via the address shown on the site. This information might include:
- Your name and full address
- Your contact information e.g. your email address and a telephone number
- Your full home and/or business address
- Certain payment information
- Any other personal information that you give to us to help us book you a Driver.
- The above list is just an example of the information we might need but any personal information you give to us will be dealt with as set out in this Privacy Notice. If you want to know why we are asking for certain information, then just ask us and we will explain.
- We will also collect the same information automatically as we set out above. Most of the personal information we collect is provided by you, but we also collect information from other sources.
- If you give us information about your health or another type of special category data then we will only process this with your consent.
|I’m a Driver, what information do you collect about me?
- We will collect the same information as we would anyone else engaging our services or visiting our website but we will also collect:
- Driving license information
- Details of your insurance policies covering your business
- Information about anyone else connected with your business
- Information held by the DVLA, insurers, banks or other parties we need to request information from to verify your identity
- Any other information we need to onboard you to our system.
- In the Shift Provider App, we collect location data and driver behavioural data, even when the app is closed. We use this to provide information to customers on their booking status and also send job offers tailored to your location.
|Why do you collect information about me?
- The information we collect from you when you use our Website to book a Driver is need so that we can match your requirements with a suitable driver. We need to know where you are and where you want your items to be moved to.
- We collect certain other information automatically to help us understand who uses our site and analysis how we can improve our services.
|Who do we share your personal information with and when do we do that?
||We will share your personal information with the Driver we select to complete your booked job. If that Driver cannot complete your booking as requested then we may share your personal information with another Driver or in some circumstances a third party service provider.
|What is Legal basis for processing my personal information
- We must have a legal basis to collect and process personal information. Data protection laws set out the legal basis we can use and which one we rely on will depend on the circumstances and context of collection.
- We normally collect and process information so we can arrange for a Driver to complete your booking or the processing is in our legitimate business interests which are not overridden by your fundamental rights. We will also process certain information with your consent.
- Sometimes we will have to process or share personal information because we have a legal obligation to do so or need to exercise, establish or defend legal claims.
- We will tell you at the time if we need information to perform a contract or to comply with a legal requirement and if providing us with that information is mandatory (as well as what will happen if you don’t give us the information).
- If you have questions or need more information about the legal basis we rely on to collect and process your personal information then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|Do keep my personal information secure and do you send it overseas?
- We use appropriate technical and organisational measure to protect your personal information and we do send information outside of the United Kingdom
- Our website and email servers are located in the United Kingdom some of our service providers are located overseas. This means your personal information may be processed in countries that may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of the United Kingdom.
- We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that the personal information we process will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
|How long do we keep your data?
- We will keep information for as long as we have a legitimate business interest to do so which may be indefinitely if we continue to have a relationship.
- If we cease to have a legitimate business interest to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or. If this is not possible (E.g. Because our backup files include your personal information) then we will securely store your personal information and stop further access and processing until it can be deleted.
- If you have questions or need more information about the legal basis, we rely on to collect and process your personal information then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
|A person has rights ….
- Under UK data protection laws, you have certain data protection rights which are the right to:
- ask for access to your personal information and other supplementary information
- ask for correction if any of your information is not accurate or to complete missing information, we hold on you
- ask for your personal information to be erased, in certain circumstances
- receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us or have this information sent to a third party. We will provide any information requested in a electronic format that a computer can read E.g. a word doc.
- object at any time to our processing of your personal information
- object in certain other situations to the continued processing of your personal information
- restrict us form processing your personal information in certain circumstances.
- We respond to all requests received from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. The best way to contact us is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- If you want more information about your rights under the GDPR please see “the Guidance from the Information Commissioners Office on Individual’s rights under the GDPR.
||If you want to unsubscribe from any marketing emails that you receive from us, then email your request to [insert email address] (subject line ‘unsubscribe’). We will process all requests as quickly as possible, but it may take up to 10 working for this to become effective.
|Updates to this Privacy Notice
||This privacy notice was last updated on 16 August 2022. We regularly review our procedures and may update this Privacy Notice from time to time by publication to our website
|How to contact us
||If you have questions or need more information about the legal basis, we rely on to collect and process your personal information then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Shift Group Limited is the Data Controller for all personal information collected and processed and we are registered in the UK with the Information Commissioner's Office with the registration number: ZA534350.